Rivet nuts or rivnuts have a plethora of uses. From bicycle attachments to firewall additions, they can do them all! So, it is only fair to look for the best rivnut tool that produces enough force to create a rivet without making you break a sweat.
A brief introduction
What is a rivnut, really? It is nothing but a simple nut that works to crimp or latch onto itself. This process creates a rivet. Hence, the name. Rivnut tools or nutsert tools help with this process. They are like guns and quite versatile. The best ones are easy to hold and use since they are lightweight. They are also quite versatile, allowing the use of multiple nut sizes. You can choose from electric, air-powered, and hand-powered rivnut tools.
A look at the best rivnut tools today
With the market being flooded with new tools every now and then, we must be careful not to make a poor choice. We are going to help you with this by giving you a list of the best tools of 2019. Keep reading!
Best Rivnut Tool
1. Astro Pneumatic Tool 1442 13” Hand Rivet Nut Setter Kit
The Astro rivnut toolset is one of the most popular kits on Amazon. It is a hand-powered tool and comes with many attachments. Here’s a closer look:
- It has an innovative head that makes changing attachments a piece of cake. You can change them quickly by hand.
- You don’t ever need to disassemble the tool. It works automatically to lock the rotation.
- The kit comes with 10 pieces each of different types of rivet nuts and 6 interchangeable nosepiece sets. It is the complete package!
- The handle comes with double compound hinges and gives the user a lot of leverage. This makes it a superb tool for off-road modifications.
2. Tacklife 14” Upgraded Pumping Rod Rivet Nut Tool
The tacklife toolkit is an Amazon’s choice product with numerous positive reviews. It has multiple impressive features that we shall look at now:
- It has a patented rod design with a pumping feature that aids in changing rivets. The whole process is faster and smoother than usual with this design.
- It comes with a total of 35 rivet nut pieces and 7 interchangeable mandrels, making it the perfect kit.
- The steel arms are ergonomic and 3 mm thick, helping users save around 40% effort when compared to regular rivet tools.
- The toolkit works best for furniture, decorations, bicycle attachments, and body panels.
- The head design is quite user-friendly and allows quick changing of attachments whenever required.
- The only concern that users have had is that this toolkit is slightly on the expensive side. However, the very happy users say that it is worth it. If you do not mind the price, you should buy this kit without a doubt.
3. Muzata Hand Rivet-Nut Installation Tool
Those who are looking for a complete, super-versatile rivnut tool will fall in love with Muzata. The toolkit has a total of 900 rivet nut pieces, all neatly packed in a box. How good is this tool? Let’s find out:
- It has 5 nosepieces and threaded mandrels.
- The material is quite thick and sturdy. It is easy to hold and use.
- For car modifications, the Muzata tool will be your best friend. It is also suitable for household hardware.
- You can literally use the tool single-handedly. This shows just how comfortable it is!
- If you are sure you will need various rivet nuts or if you are involved in multiple DIY projects of car modifications, you shouldn’t worry about the price tag because it is a one-time investment.
4. 14” Hand Rivet Nut Setter Kit
90 pieces of rivet nuts, 6 mandrels that are interchangeable, and a sturdy storage box make this kit the complete package. If you get this one, you won’t have to look at anything else! Don’t trust us? Read more to find out for yourself:
- It has a spring mechanism with an inner hex sleeve that locks the rotation automatically. This means that you never have to worry about disassembly and reassembly.
- It has a short handle that’s perfect for off-road modifications, bicycles, and jeeps.
- It is one-inch longer than the regular rivet tools. This extra inch reduces the effort required by a massive 40%!
- The toolbox that the kit comes with is very sturdy and protects the gun during transportation.
- On the downside, the kit has only 3 nosepieces, and users are left needing more. However, if you need a kit for small projects, this one is a good choice.
5. Workpro 79-piece Hand Rivet Nut Setter Kit
Want a durable and high-level nut setter kit? Workpro is your answer! The rivet nut tool has been designed from thick carbon steel to be very long lasting. Read on out more about it:
- While many of the above options are 14 inches, this is a 15-inch tool. It generates more torque and is arc-shaped. This makes it slip-resistant and comfortable to use.
- It comes with 70 pieces of rivet nuts, 7 mandrels & nosepieces, and 1 spanner that can carry out multiple functions. The case that carries the kit is strong and durable as well.
- The quick-change mechanism lets you change nosepieces and mandrels with utmost ease.
- The kit comes with limited lifetime warranty.
6. Astro 1427 Hand Rivet Nut Kit
Want something that’s not very expensive? Want something that’s just right for your small projects and requirements? If the answer is yes, you will be very happy with the Astro 1427 Hand Rivet Nut Kit. Here’s what you can expect from it:
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It is 13 inches long and compact.
- The design of the handle is ergonomic, making it easy to use even for a long period of time.
- The spring design makes the usage automatic and easy.
- You can load and unload nuts easily thanks to its hand screw design.
- It has multiple rivet nuts ibuyn different sizes in stainless steel and aluminum steel.
7. Astro 1423 13-inch Heavy Duty Hand Riveter
The 1423 model is another masterpiece from Astro. It is also 13-inches long like its previous counterpart and is very affordable too. What are its features? Keep reading to find out:
- It has a patented structure designed to reduce shock and increase power.
- It gives maximum leverage thanks to its shorter handle and double compound hinges.
- You can use this with up to 1.4-inch stainless steel rivets. It comes with 5 nosepieces of different sizes.
- The brand expresses that this is one of their most versatile hand rivet nut tools.
- Since it is compact, you can use it comfortably even in restricted spaces.
There you have it! This comprehensive list is sure to help you make a great choice. If you have any queries or suggestions about other tools, please let us know through Comments.